To transmute, angel needed :(
26_07
I wrote this because I do not want to lose my love for humanity or my hope for any human in particular as has been slowly happening
Keeping this place open hasn't been as easy as it looks. In fact, the reason it seems easy is because the questions of your peers have been wiped clean repeatedly without warning or legal basis. Thousands of comments that you could now use as reference were systematically deleted without possible recovery on several occasions. Is it any wonder that I rarely do so anymore?
I used to write extremely long, detailed, & exact answers & interpretations that often spooked people out, in a good way. And I kept helping whomever wanted me to for however long they sought me out outside of the comments section.
I even crushed the I.T. Director of the U.S. Department of Health in an ethical & legal debate when he used the comments section to ask me to stop. I promised him that I would take it down if he could provide a solid ethical argument even though I did not have to since he had already lost the legal bit of the exchange. He couldn't even save face. That too disappeared - *poof* - and no attempt to justify the elimination of our community discussions ever occurred.
I always did what I did for free. Still do so. This place barely makes any money, and for it to make ANY money at all I have to go into google's error-infested code and fix it by hand only so that they reinsert their errors a month later and I have to do it all over again. To put that into perspective, this site has thousands of URLs because it provides 4 unique forms of entry for each nation in the world. This does not include the parallel autoupdating RSS feed site or the newsfeed code itself, which has thousands of subscribers. Every single URL you visit has around *3,000 lines* of mostly useless Goggle code, and just one mistyped letter takes the entire site offline.
I write HTML on *Notepad* from memory because I taught myself years before the word blog even existed. I have never used an external program here. That's also why you see the dizzying color pallette of this site. Yet I never cared about the money, even if this is my only job apart from being a full-time father. I didn't put a donate button and refused donations repeatedly until this last time they erased everything.
I always said that the reason I did so is because I can and no one else will. I stand by that assertion still and would love to not be so disillusioned that I actually have the will to give the hundreds that seek out my time the full attention that I used to give them.
Still, the biggest source of disillusion for me is that I can see how many shares occur and how many people use each sharing. You guys may thank me a lot but none share the page, and, if you do, you share it in a way that almost makes it certain that no one will visit.
ONLY 1 person is exempt from that rule. That 1 person, whom I'm almost certain I never spoke to, shared the page in a way that has brought 40,000 visits and counting. The other 1,000,000+ of you combined have helped bring maybe 500 people in total. The rest I did myself. This site was 1st worldwide on over 400 different search combinations in its first month of existence. Between Google and you guys, this site currently is 1st on less than 10 search combinations. That hurts people like you that need this more than it hurts me. Like I said, this site has never made any real money that you could live off of, not even close.
This is the ONLY place in the world that provides a truly free conduit to the MMPI-2. Whomever shared it freely before I came along got harassed with death threats or driven to bankrupcy by corporate goons, one even had his house be burned to the ground by hired guns. (True story!) And do I care about that? I'd be so happy if anyone ever tried and came here. I use my real name, no one else has my name, and my doors are never locked. Come get me. I could use the fun that would ensue. XD Adventure makes life worthwhile.
So yeah... Please be nice. Share this necessary resource I am giving you. I do not believe in saying sorry or thank you because I am a consequentialist. I want to help people again. :( I wish this all were just rhethoric, but it isn't. I actually give a shit about the world and the living beings in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Original:
How You Know What You Know
In a now classic paper, Blakemore and Cooper (1970) showed that if a newborn cat is deprived of experiences with horizontal lines (i.e., ...
-
The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2) is the most comprehensive personality test currently available. Using 567 true or ...
-
The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2) is the most used personality test in clinical settings in the United States; it i...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Psychosis is godly next to neurosis; the former dissolves F(x), the ladder's ego forms f(X)